Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Me, myself, and I.


Self-reliance is relying on one’s own abilities to
accomplish one’s ambitions. 


Self-reliance calls for accountability only to oneself, not to God. It
submits only to the authority of self-ambition and rebukes any
correction offered by Christ. 


Rather than worshiping the one true God, we begin
worshiping our own interpretations, thoughts, and ideas. 


James 3:16 “For where jealousy and selfish ambition [Self-reliance ]
exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.” As James says,
“every vile practice” is the eventual result of selfish ambition or
self-reliance.


Q) As you look back over the first 30 years in your life, what was your greatest accomplishment? 


As I looked back, I could see where my self-reliant defiance against
the authority of Christ in my life had ruined so many opportunities of my
life. 


I saw the character flaws and bad habits others saw in me and was pretty displeased,
and quite frankly embarrassed by my past. 


Even today as I strive to be a great
Christian man, my confidence is in Christ the one who saved
me continues to guide me, mold me, and yes, protect me. 


I am saved by grace, amazing! 


Q) How are you and God getting along now?

No comments:

Post a Comment