Readings for the Week of Pentecost 4
M Mark 2:1-12
T Judges 10:6-16
W Mark 2:13-17
TH Romans 4:1-8
F Romans 5:1-5
S 1 John 2:1-6
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
24 Passages of Scripture Regarding Your Heavenly Father
• He is the living, concerned Father who is interested in the intimate details of our lives (Matt. 6:25-34).
• He is the Father who never gives up on us (Luke 15:3-32).
• He is the God who sent His Son to die for us though we were undeserving (Rom. 5:8).
• He stands with us in good and bad circumstances (Heb. 13:5).
• He is the ever-active Creator of our universe. He died to heal our sickness, pain and grief
• He has broken the power of death (Luke 24:6-7).
• He is available to us through prayer (John 14:13-14).
• He is aware of our needs (Isa. 65:24).
• He created us for an eternal relationship with Him (John 3:16).
• He values us (Luke 7:28).
• He doesn’t condemn us (Rom. 8:1)
• God values and causes our growth (1Cor. 3:7).
• He comforts us (2 Cor. 1:3-5).
• He strengthens us through His Spirit (Eph. 3:16).
• He cleanses us from sin (Heb. 10:17-22).
• He is for us (Rom. 8:31).
• He is always available to us (Rom. 8:38-39).
• He is a God of hope (Rom. 15:13).
• He helps us in temptation (Heb. 2:17-18).
• He provides a way to escape temptation (1 Cor. 10:13).
• He is at work in us (Phil 2:13).
• He wants us to be free (Gal. 5:1).
• He is the Lord of time and eternity (Rev. 1:8)
Monday, June 11, 2012
Theme - Another Hero of Faith Story—You!
Story (Red L) A car with a big red L in the back is supposed to indicate a student driver. When does one become experienced? I'm sure I make mistakes even after driving for 30 years and holding a CDL.
1 Thessalonians 2
Q) Judgement day What is your hope, your joy, or the crown in which we will give God glory?
Q) Do you willingly share God’s Gospel message of salvation with people?
Another Hero of Faith Story—You!
Q) Are you so busy trying to gain knowledge of God's Word that there is no time to become that bring others closer to Christ?
Q) Is there one personal result God could use to lead others to Christ?
We should always be learning something daily through God's Word. Even those who are the most learned in God's Word need to get a grip and realize that they will always be students of Christ until God calls them home to heaven.
Philippians 3:12 12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
Where is your red L?
Prayer: (Philippians 1:3-6): 3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.